Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Outline

  1. Who am I?
    1. Name
    2. My family and home
    3. What are my interests?
  2. Why do I want to be an educator?
    1. My history in education
    2. What do I want to accomplish in the classroom?
    3. What do I believe an educator's job entails?


My name is Meaghan Gates.  I am a junior here at USA.   I have been married for eleven years.  I have been a stay-at-home mom for our three boys for the past eight years.  I decided to return to school to continue my education in Secondary Education.  My husband and I have been renovating our house for the past few years.  It has become an unexpected hobby of mine.  I also play the flute in my church choir.

I decided to go into Secondary Education due to all the wonderful teachers I have had throughout my schooling career.  My English teachers in particular have made such a positive influence in my life.  They have shown me the joys of literature.  I want to be able to show my future students that same joy.  I want to give my future students the tools they need to express themselves in their own careers. I believe an educator's job is to see the potential in every student and bring that potential into reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment