Saturday, January 17, 2015

Blog Assignment #1

Coming into EDM 310, I had been informed on some of the things to expect from this semester.  The one thing I had heard repeatedly is to make sure I manage my time accordingly, in order to make sure I finish all my projects on time.  I fear I will get lost without the direction received in a more traditional class.  I am more of a traditional learner, using paper and pencils.

thewellcommunity.org

This class has a minimal amount of structural guidance.  I will be in charge of setting my own schedule.  It is up to me to make sure I am meeting deadlines.  There isn't going to be a teacher reminding me to post to my blog.  In the other classes I have taken during my scholastic career, I have not had this much responsibility.  There was always someone to give a friendly reminder.  I think this will be the hardest thing for me to accustom myself too.  Already I have filled my planner with assignment due dates to help me prepare for the upcoming semester.




2 comments:

  1. Meaghan, you and I have heard the same things about this course. I too fear that I will fall behind sometimes and mismanage my time. Looking forward to reading your posts throughout the semester.

    Patrick Roane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard anything about EDM310 until actually getting into the classroom. It was a good thing that you had a little bit of a warning! I couldn't agree with you more about not having this much responsibility in any of my previous classes. It is nice to know that someone else has already filled their calendar with due dates too!! :)

    ReplyDelete