Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blog Assignment #3

Peer Editing is helping to improve the writing of people your own age.  When a classmate edits your writing, they will make comments, compliments, and suggestions in order to make your writing better.  Teachers can use peer editing in their classes effectively if taught correctly and constructively. As a teacher, I would introduce the concept of peer editing by explaining the three common rules of peer editing:

1. Compliment- always point out what your peer has done well.
2. Suggest- make suggestions on how the writer could improve on their writing.
3. Correct- make any corrections to spelling and grammar.

The students should always keep these rules in mind when editing a classmate's paper.

As a student of EDM310, I will use peer editing when reviewing my classmates' blogs.   I will also use the three common rules of peer editing.  By following these rules I will be able to help improve my classmate's writing through compliments, suggestions, and corrections.  I will also take any of those things into consideration regarding my own blog.  Peer editing will also help me find mistakes in my own writing.  This type of editing makes the student more aware of what they are writing.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Meaghan!
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post and it sounds like you really understand the ways in which using peer editing can be beneficial. It will definitely be important to be able to demonstrate to your students the correct way to use peer editing. Along with reading your post, I noticed your bio that you had written. I'm sure that you will use peer editing regularly when teaching your english classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each blog post assignment is required to have working links to your sources, as outlined in Writing A Quality Blog Post. Please fix this.

    ReplyDelete